Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
best club in labuan
16-Apr-2003, 07:56 PM
best club in labuan
Labuan as the duty free island where alcoholic drink is damn cheap appear to be heaven for those who like clubbing. There's number of club in town, One Stop Entertainment aka Jungle Park, Beyond 2000, Fun Pub, Some Place Else aka SPE, just to name few.

Personally like SPE, like the enviroment there, just it's rather small and drinks are more expensive since it is inside the 5 star Sheraton Hotel.

So what's yours?

13-Aug-2003, 12:35 PM
Sheraton Hotel SPE
I always stay in Sheraton whenever I go to Labuan (business trip). I'm muslim and I dont drink...do they serve anything other than alcohol...how much?....i have entered before...but just for awhile to see the performer.. nice philipino lady... Smile
13-Aug-2003, 02:40 PM
Re: Sheraton Hotel SPE
jemy1234 Wrote:I always stay in Sheraton whenever I go to Labuan (business trip). I'm muslim and I dont drink...do they serve anything other than alcohol...how much?
they served soft drinks too..like coke...but i forgot how much is it already.
i think around rm5-9/glass.... :roll:

jemy1234 Wrote:....i have entered before...but just for a while to see the performer.. nice philipino lady... Smile
catch ya....naughty huh.... :sly: peeping oth gals instead of tat.....hahaha.... :tellme: kidding lar....

~sAlt Of thE EArth~
24-May-2005, 04:48 PM
Re: best club in labuan
Admin Wrote:Labuan as the duty free island where alcoholic drink is damn cheap appear to be heaven for those who like clubbing. There's number of club in town, One Stop Entertainment aka Jungle Park, Beyond 2000, Fun Pub, Some Place Else aka SPE, just to name few.

Personally like SPE, like the enviroment there, just it's rather small and drinks are more expensive since it is inside the 5 star Sheraton Hotel.

So what's yours?

is it only alcoholic drink "duty free"? how about other?
26-May-2005, 02:06 PM

yeah.. what else is cheap?

myself prefer SPE too. but the place is too small and gets too crowded during the weekends. pity they can't get a bigger place like shen in hyatt.
29-May-2005, 05:37 PM

besides liquor, cars lor... road tax is much cheaper than mainland.

i have been long long long time didnt go to SPE. any changes so far?
hmm... i think go LA cafe is better eh... can eat and drink and also can have a nice chat with friends without shouting ear to ear. :roll:

~sAlt Of thE EArth~
30-May-2005, 12:00 AM
Re: best club in labuan
Admin Wrote:Labuan as the duty free island where alcoholic drink is damn cheap appear to be heaven for those who like clubbing. There's number of club in town, One Stop Entertainment aka Jungle Park, Beyond 2000, Fun Pub, Some Place Else aka SPE, just to name few.

So what's yours?

I've seen SPE, Crossroad, Kings and Fun Pub aka Popin.
SPE- a nice place to hang around eventhough quite small, with live performer. (mix magazine group)

Kings- a place for a king only. Very expensive and not so many people. Live performer not very good.

Popin- a good place to have Yamseng!!!! Best live performer so far (Bedazzle) but i heard this group contract had ended. Dunno who's the new group. Sorry just came back from Thailand. Did u guys know there's a karaoke lounge and live performer from Philipines on the 1st floor?
30-May-2005, 12:13 PM

i'm surprised to see "best club" in labuan, although i'm not a club kid, i doubt the club scene in labuan is anywhere near 'fair'. i've only been to few clubs/pubs in labuan, long long time ago!

i believe the last one was i went pool play and downstair was a club - jungle park? gosh the music sucks, the crowd is so little, and no one is dancing!

SPE has live band, but i seriously don't want to wake up the next morning to find out i have lung cancer! the place is like a smoke chamber! do think abt ventilative system??

beyond 2000, yup i was there in 2000, but never step in there ever since. with a name suggesting it's hip in 2000, but not improving for 2005, i surely think it's not worth my time and money to waste it there. and i'm still suffering from hearing failure and knees dislocation!
30-May-2005, 07:18 PM

I do think there is a lot of truth in what you said spider. but at least there is some sort of night entertainment in labuan for the people. do they have club bouncer or club security in labuan?
02-Jun-2005, 08:54 AM

haha.. that i wouldn't know... club bouncer in labuan? that i ought to see.. :lol:
03-Jun-2005, 09:33 PM

spid3r_w3bs Wrote:haha.. that i wouldn't know... club bouncer in labuan? that i ought to see.. :lol:

so they dont have club bouncer to guard the club meh/? what if the people drunk and look for trouble?
06-Jun-2005, 02:21 PM

There are club bouncers in Labuan no matter which club you go to.
06-Jun-2005, 06:31 PM

really? are they good looking? :lol:
08-Jun-2005, 04:18 PM

....... yeah, Liza, 'cept for the broken noses and cauliflower ears :lol:
08-Jun-2005, 04:53 PM

Bernard Wrote:....... yeah, Liza, 'cept for the broken noses and cauliflower ears :lol:
hehehehehehhee..... cauliflower ears??? mmmmm....

most bouncer here are from NZ, bcos they look Kiwi... and they are big size.....