Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Labuan International School
03-Jan-2008, 12:11 PM
Labuan International School
..... Help !! Can any one please give the name of the current Principal of LIS ? There is a website on Google which gives the teacher's name as Mr. T.A. Nathan but think this must be out of date cos messages to the email addresses given on the site come back rejected. Is the school still open ? :roll:

11-Jan-2008, 11:57 AM

Yeah, the school still open but i'm not sure who is the principal.
18-Jan-2008, 04:27 PM

thanks Juliana ... looks like we'll have to go round and pay them a call
20-Jan-2008, 06:29 PM

Bernie me old China,
Labaun International School:
Managed by Cempaka Schools
Tel: 6087421659

fAX: 60 87 415645
29-Jan-2008, 09:29 PM

..... thanks a lot for that, kent. I will pass this important information on to the powers that be :-)
02-Feb-2008, 10:11 AM

Hi Bernie
We havent spoken for the longest time. Are you now living in Labuan or still in the planning stage. I think a friend of mine's wife was Principal of the International School. I had given you his number a log time ago. His name is Vincent
03-Feb-2008, 03:39 PM

Hello there Patch ... yes, I remember you gave me Vincent's email but he didn't answer ! He's the journalist isn't he ? Reference the school, seems it's now been taken over by Cempaka ... I was just curious about contact cos a friend would be interested in working there if this were possible and she will be in town late March.
04-Feb-2008, 05:58 PM

So you have made the mov and are living in Labuan now? Where did you move to, (what part of the Island)....
10-Feb-2008, 08:56 PM

..... no, she wants to go jungle trekking at Lahad Datu and thought we might drop in if there was any chance of anything going at the school
11-Feb-2008, 08:14 AM

You can deal direct with Lahad Datu Bernie......
11-Feb-2008, 06:45 PM

yes, kent, just been looking for some flights from S'pore. MAS seem to be the only ones who fly that route at USD700+ round trip, but one at 400+ with one stop ... at Labuan ? I thought AirAsia did that trip or is it only the LBN/KK leg ?
12-Feb-2008, 08:42 AM

Dunno mate! Look up Air Asia in the web and check the routing and schedules. To my knowledge AA only flies LBU KUL and Fax flies LBU BKN. So best check Fax too. Sorry I am not more help.
14-Feb-2008, 04:24 PM

kent Wrote:You can deal direct with Lahad Datu Bernie......

..... how come, kent ? do they have connections with Borneo Rainforest Lodge ?
15-Feb-2008, 08:49 AM

I don't know if it's called Borneo Rainforest Lodge, but some years back I went to the Lahad Datu forest reserve place. About 30KM into the jungle by 4wd. There was a longhouse sort of thing and large building where one ate. It was basically for scientific research and everyone wanted to know if I was a botanist or whatever. They got a bit bemused when I said I was a mechi eng..... There were elephant around, though I never saw one. a nice river and a suspension bridge that at about 1800 hours flying squirrels would cruise over. All jolly nice. A couple of weeks before someone had got lost in the jungle and was found only about a quarter of a mile away up stream in a poor condition. At that time I remeber I was living in Labuan and phoned the forest reserve people and arranged it all direct. Maybe the same place, maybe not.
15-Feb-2008, 08:54 AM

Yep, same place Bernie, Danum Valley............. But obviously now they have gone well up market and the cost is horrendous............... Mind you, you do get a jacuzzi!!!!!! :mrgreen: